Imagine, Innovate and Inspire!
Dr. Magesh Thiyagarajan Director of PERL
Welcome to PERL, the home of Texas A&M University Corpus Christi research in Plasma Science & Engineering.
At PERL our research team focuses on developing novel plasma technologies and characterization using state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities for various industrial and biomedical applications such as enhanced bio/polimer materials processing, composite materials modifications, enhanced nanofluids, bacterial decontamination of hospital and medical supplies; food sterilization of poultry and produce; and medical applications such as wound healing and cancer treatment. We welcome national and international research collaborations for accelerated contributions for the betterment of our society.
Current Plasma Research Areas
- 1. Laser Induced Plasmas and Optical Diagnostics
- 2. Laser Plasma Induced Nanoparticle Formation in Liquids
- 3. Cold Plasma Jets and Needles
- 4. Bacterial Sterilization of Food and Medical Tools
- 5. Cold Plasma Induced Cancer Treatment
- 6. Cold Plasma Induced Rapid Wound Healing