Students at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi have numerous opportunities to participate in extracurricular events, activities, and organizations. The Office of Student Activities can provide further information. The list below includes student organizations relating to the sciences.
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED), Texas Xi Chapter
a national pre-professional honor society.
- American Cetacean Society Student Coalition
- American Chemical Society (ACS), South Texas Local Section
a national society for chemists.
- American Fisheries Society, TAMUCC Student Subunit
- American Meteorological Society, Islander Student Chapter
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers- TAMUCC
- Animal Science Club
- Advancement of Women in Science
a national organization for all individuals (women and men) who support women in science.
- Beta Beta Beta (Tri-Beta, BBB), Epsilon Phi Chapter
a national honor society in biology.
- TAMU-CC Chemistry Club - Fereshteh Billiot
- Clinical Laboratory Science Club
a local organization of CLS students.
- Computer Science Club - Dulul Kar
a student organization to promote an increased knowledge of the science, design, development, instruction, languages, and applications of modern computing machinery; a student chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- Corpus Christi Chemistry Club (C4)
a local organization of students interested in chemistry.
- Engineering Technology Club
- Field Science Club
focuses on the field aspect of science by actually going into the field and practicing techniques for classes as well as just for fun. Other events would include field trips, beach clean-ups, and any other ideas mentioned.
- Geographic Information Science Student Organization (GISSO) - Gary Jeffress
participates in international and national conferences and competitions.
- Geology Club
a local organization of students interested in geology; open to students of all majors.
- Golden Key International Honor Society
a national general academic honor society.
- Indian Student Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - TAMUCC
- Islander Stream Team
- Islander Student Chapter of the American Meterological Society - Chuntao Liu
- Marine Science Graduate Students
- Math Club - Aubrey Rhoden
a local organization for math students. Listserve and problem-solving contest available.
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
nationally recognized as an organization since 2000. The organization strives to provide members opportunities and additional development in science education to preservice teachers. Activities ranging from Science Fairs to Family Science Nights to Science conferences, NSTA TAMUCC Student Chapter is active on campus and in the community.
- Pre-Dental Society
a local organization of pre-dental students.
- Pre-Professional Health Society
a local organization of students interested in any of the health-related professions.
- Pre-Physical Therapy Organization at TAMUCC
- SACNAS Chapter Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
- Sea Turtle Club
- Society for Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Strategies for Ecology Education, Diversity and Sustainability
- Robotics Society
- Sigma Xi, South Texas Chapter
a national society for scientific research.
- Student Council of Math & Science Teachers - Faye Bruun
- Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network (TMMSN), Corpus Christi Region
a state-wide (coastal areas) network of volunteers who assist when marine mammals such as dolphins become beached or trapped.
- Wildlife Conservation and Rehabilitation Club (WCRC)
a local organization of individuals interested in the health and maintenance of local ecosystems and the rehabilitation of injured animals (primarily native animals).