The College of Science & Engineering is committed to maintaining an academic environment in which students may develop as productive citizens who will contribute to society. The faculty recognizes the need to prepare individuals who have an understanding of the foundations and principles of their respective fields and professions. In order to accomplish this purpose, the administration and faculty of the College share the following objectives:
- To provide the opportunity for each student to assimilate and apply the body of knowledge required by a chosen discipline through a clearly defined sequence of courses.
- To develop each student's ability to think critically and to communicate effectively through creative and challenging educational experiences.
- To encourage each student to become a well-rounded, educated person through exposure to other disciplines within the University.
- To contribute to the greater body of knowledge in specialized disciplines through research, scholarship, and professional endeavors.
- To serve as a professional and educational resource to the local area and larger community by providing consultation and special services