|Click on the links above to access requirements for your major and resources to register for courses.
Advising Center Location: Center for Instruction, Suite 350D
Appointment Number: (361) 825-3928
TimeTap : https://tamuccadvising_science.timetap.com
Academic Advisors and Faculty Mentors in the College of Science and Engineering are committed to assisting students in educational planning and timely completion of all degree requirements for graduation. We are dedicated to meeting the evolving needs of traditional and non-traditional students at every level through active advising and expert mentoring while fostering marketable skills for both the workplace and academia.
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding the university’s academic programs, policies and procedures.
- Monitor students’ academic standing and progress.
- Assist students in identifying and overcoming factors that may hinder their academic performance.
- Work with campus administrative support units to ensure students are provided with available services needed.
- Empower students to develop academic plans that are consistent with their life goals.
- Assist students in determining and pursuing the necessary steps to achieve their goals.
- Encourage students to use available resources effectively.
- Schedule and keep appointments with academic advisor and/or faculty mentor.
- Cancel appointment if unable to keep appointment.
- Arrive at appointments prepared with questions and a tentative schedule.
- File, update and discuss your degree plan with your academic advisor.
- Obtain and read the catalog.
- Accept full ownership for all decisions.
- Develop positive relationships with academic advisor and faculty in your major or field of interest.
- Utilize the campus resources: the Tutoring and Learning Center, Career Services, and University Counseling Center.
- Explore out-of-class opportunities such as internships and volunteer opportunities.
- Identify and clarify your interests, abilities and goals, keeping in mind your personal values.
- Attend class regularly and approach learning with diligence.