Council of Teachers of Mathematics
A Student Affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Please complete the online membership form and bring the $10 annual dues* to your first meeting.
*The membership form includes information for those in need of assistance for membership dues.
The purpose of the Council of Teachers of Mathematics at Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi is to recruit university students to mathematics teaching careers, and to provide support, resources, and educational service opportunities. Our goals are to:
- promote mathematics teaching as a career choice
- engage in community service related to mathematics teaching
- promote and support prospective teachers' mathematics and pedagogical development
- encourage students to become individual members of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- disseminate information to students regarding various opportunities related to mathematics education
(as of 2012-2013)
- President: Melissa Peña
- Vice President: Kasey Keller
- Faculty Advisors: Dr. Faye Bruun & Dr. Sarah Ives
Past Events & Workshops for Future Teachers
- Invited Teacher Panel
- Math Scavenger Hunt
- Family Math & Science Nights
- Coastal Bend Science Fair
- Annual Banquet to share math and honor officers
- Math Survivor!
- Math Fiesta
- Using Children's Literature to Teach Mathematics
- Culturally Relevant Mathematics
- Problem Solving Activities
Quotes from Past CTM Members
"CTM has given me the opportunity to share ideas and meet people who are enthusiastic about mathematics teaching."
"CTM allows student math teachers to begin building networks that help throughout their careers."
"Being involved in CTM allows students to become immersed in the world of mathematics. We have access to opportunities we might not get anywhere else."
Jennifer (Jackson) Pyle