Dr. Gary Jeffress, R.P.L.S., Ph.D.
CBI Director, Professor of Geographic Information Science
- Office: CBI 110
- Phone: (361) 825-2720
- Fax: (361) 825-5848
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Fall 2008 Classes:
- GSEN 5581 Cadastral Information Systems
- Director of the Division of Nearshore Research and Principal Investigator of the Texas Coastal Ocean Observation Network
- Principal Investigator of Texas Height Modernization
Dr. Gary Jeffress is Professor of Geographic Information Science and Director of the Conrad Blucher Institute for Surveying Sciences. He is a Registered Professional Land Surveyor in Texas, Maine, and Australia. Dr. Jeffress has been one of the original Co-Principal Investigators of the Texas Coastal Ocean Observation Network since 1991, and held the Blucher Chair of Excellence in Surveying from 1990-1991. He has held teaching positions in Australia and the United States, as well as having taught short courses in Haiti.
Dr. Jeffress continues in the collection and analysis of geographic data and information that will result in sound environmental and economically viable land management and development. His research interests incorporate GIS and digital surveying applications in environmental management, land titling, and land administration.
- Ph.D. (Surveying Engineering) with minor in Economics. Department of Surveying Engineering, University of Maine, 1991
- Master of Surveying Science, School of Surveying, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1987
- Bachelor of Surveying, School of Surveying, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1978
- Hurlstone Agricultural High School, Glenfield, New South Wales, Australia, 1972
Area of Expertise / Interest:
- GIS and Digital Surveying
- Sea Level Monitoring
- Land Administration, Land Titling Systems
- Geographic Information Science Program Department of Computing and Mathematical Sciences College of Science and Technology Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi