Imagine, Innovate and Inspire!
Dr. Magesh Thiyagarajan Director of PERL
Welcome to PERL, the home of Texas A&M University Corpus Christi research in Plasma Science & Engineering.
At PERL our research team focuses on developing novel plasma technologies and characterization using state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities for various industrial and biomedical applications such as enhanced bio/polimer materials processing, composite materials modifications, enhanced nanofluids, bacterial decontamination of hospital and medical supplies; food sterilization of poultry and produce; and medical applications such as wound healing and cancer treatment. We welcome national and international research collaborations for accelerated contributions for the betterment of our society.
Dr. Magesh T. Rajan, PhD, PE, MBA.
Current Plasma Research Areas
- 1. Laser Induced Plasmas and Optical Diagnostics
- 2. Laser Plasma Induced Nanoparticle Formation in Liquids
- 3. Cold Plasma Jets and Needles
- 4. Bacterial Sterilization of Food and Medical Tools
- 5. Cold Plasma Induced Cancer Treatment
- 6. Cold Plasma Induced Rapid Wound Healing
- 7. Plasma Processing of Materials